Below are the aims we have set out to achieve at Porthcawl Comprehensive School.
- Provide a healthy, safe and secure environment that will secure the wellbeing of all, enabling all to engage fully in the school and its community.
- Ensure that every pupil is encouraged through a variety of learning opportunities to confidently achieve and develop the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in adult life.
- Ensure that all are happy, healthy and free from bullying, abuse or exploitation in order to achieve their absolute best.
- Provide opportunities for young people to take part in, develop and enjoy a wide variety of learning, sporting and cultural activities.
- Provide an inclusive education that develops all pupils’ personalities, abilities and moral values, encouraging them to respect other people, cultures and the environment whilst celebrating their own cultural identity.
- Ensure that all pupils, regardless of their backgrounds and individual differences, will be valued, and will receive an equality of opportunity.
- Encourage all pupils to participate in decision making, where their opinions will be valued, considered and responded to.